This weekend update:
I packed up the minivan with tons of painting supplies, lots of cardboard, glue guns, and two kids and headed to Sis and Moons to start an large installation (still in progress). The kids Helped me unpack boxes of paint and odds and ends, in the process earned some choice pieces of cardboard, and settled in the back to work on their totem pole (thanks Chris).
Below is a picture of one canvas we use in the ‘Street Art‘ class and my new wall.
I started by cutting and trimming down the Bear Head costume. The shoulder pads, chest plate, and back panels where removed. I also removed some underlying structure inside the head. I pulled out the glue guns and started adding new support structures and prepping it for a flat wall.
I took a few minutes to add some color. On the right you can see the back of the bear head and some body panels that were removed and on the floor,
I moved the head to the table for more trim and paint. I also started a border around the head.
Four hours of me working on the bear and the wall.
After the border around the bearhead was done I measured the wall to plan out where the bear was going to go, getting late on a saturday 1 maybe 2 am and then I started painting.
Bear head almost in place. All the parts starting to come together.