Dire wolf head for the wall. I started with my dog as a model, and tried to keep it simple. Also keeping supplies simple: a pencil, a box cutter, t square, Elmer’s glue and some scotch tape.
– I quickly sketched my dog, Maggie’s profile. In the picture below you can see it cut out.
I used the two profilesI cut to guide the build. Internal supports where added to so pieces could be built independently them jointed after they where ridged.
This is the the head now, I plan to smooth and paint while maintaining a very square profile. I would love to hear and comments or links to your mask, helmet, trophy sculpture.
Ok I said simple right well I thought about it an decided to smoothen out the seams and that led to tubes of acrylic/silicon and then tubes of 100% acrylic.
And on day 3: I adde the acrylic and started to really add some shape.
I added 5lbs of plastic clay to the cardboard/silicone head. Two days of working the clay I feel like it’s getting there.
Haven’t been able to get back to work on the head. Looking forward to finishing up and start the mould process.
I have been working on the head, added lots of clay building the neck up and adding fur texture around the face and collar. I have also started 4 new cardboard pieces, at The Sis and Moon Gallery.